Fit For Life Diet Review
The Fit For Life diet is a food combining diet that recommends eating specific combinations of foods at certain times of the day. The authors of the book ‘Fit For Life’ Harvey and Marilyn Diamond devised it in the early 80s. The diet is made up of 70% fruits and vegetables with all other foods making up the other 30%.
There is no calorie counting or portion control, as the authors believe that poorly combining foods and not overeating or lack of exercise causes weight gain. The diet claims that eating foods incorrectly will cause them to become rotten and not be digested properly causing fat to be stored and wasting the bodies energy.
So by following the proper food combining rule and timings the outcome will be better health, more energy and significant weight loss. There will be weight loss on this diet but it is due to the high proportion of fruits and vegetables which are low in calories
Fit For Life Diet: Reasons for
Fit For Life Diet: Reasons against
Fit for life: Verdict
A Food combining diet like this works because it is low in calories not because of any of its claims. It seriously restricts some healthy foods and should not be followed.
~Harvey Diamond, Marilyn Diamond
Paperback – 3 April, 1987
All diets work. And all diets fail. Here at last is hope for anyone who wants more than dead-end dieting. FIT FOR LIFE is a revolutionary eating programme that lets you eat unlimited portions of the foods you like, helps you achieve and maintain your ideal weight, and leads you to a new level of overall good health.
FIT FOR LIFE is a simple, natural programme that shows you how to exploit your body’s instinct for food, and teaches you how to eat in accordance with your natural digestive cycles. There is no calorie counting, no cutting of portion size. You simply learn when and in what combinations to eat the foods you like, and the weight comes off naturally – and permanently.